Welcome to Our Dental Practice
We have resumed normal office hours and are open for scheduled appointments. Please write or call and read more about the many changes we have made to insure everyone’s safety.
Dear Patients and Friends,
Prior to re-opening the office numerous changes were made in our standard operating procedures. All these changes were discussed in a series of emails that were sent to existing patients, and many are republished in my blog. For those who were unaware of the changes and precautions we have taken, here is a summary.
- We have purchased a PCO (photo catalytic oxidation) air purification system. This system has been installed in the centralized HVAC and utilizes ultraviolet light to activate titanium oxide embedded in a grid. ActivePure® is a non-toxic air/surface decontamination system that greatly improves indoor air quality by providing a non-invasive, continual treatment as an Enhanced Hydrogen Peroxide that permeates the entire facility without chemicals and toxic by-products. This technology has been used successfully by NASA in their space modules. Learn more about PCO air purification here and here – https://activtekhealthsolutions.com/technology/
- We have purchased a commercial grade fogger that we fill with HOCL (hypochlorous acid) to clean the reception area, hallways and treatment rooms throughout the day. This machine emits a “fog” containing HOCL and has been proven effective in killing bacteria and viruses like Covid-19 in a variety of settings, including food services and medical applications – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochlorous_acid
- Each treatment room has been equipped with UVc light lamps that we use to kill bacteria and virus after each patient visit. Learn more about the medical use of UVc lights for more info go here – https://insights.regencylighting.com/can-uv-light-kill-viruses-like-covid-19
- We have placed HEPA air filtration units throughout the office to better filter the air and remove virus and bacteria. These units will filter 99.7% of the virus using HEPA grade 13 filters. These units turn over the air in each treatment room 8 to 9 times per hour, more than sufficient to achieve adequate air filtration of foreign particles. Learn more about HEPA air filtration here.
- We have sourced and acquired Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for ALL team members, including N-95 respirators, KN-95 masks, surgical masks, face shields, gowns and gloves.
- And we will continue the same CDC and OSHA disinfection protocols that we have always used to clean treatment room chairs, counter tops, and equipment.
- Pre-Appointment Contact — You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a series of health-related questions. It is required that you review and answer these questions prior to your appointment. We will need to reschedule your appointment if you are unable to complete this step.
- Arrival and Screening — Please wear a mask when you visit us. Upon entering the office, you will have a temperature and a pulse oximetry check. You will also have an opportunity to wash your hands before treatment. Patients with temperature above 100.3 and/or oxygen saturation levels below 92% will be asked to consult their physicians and we will reschedule their dental appointment in 14 days. Please be aware that our staff is being screened in a similar way at the beginning of each workday. If you are found to have a normal temperature and oxygen saturation, you will be personally escorted to your treatment area. We are limiting the number of patients in our office at any one time. Therefore, a limit of one caregiver per patient will be allowed into the office. We will only be able to accommodate 2 people at any given time in our reception area in order to accommodate social distancing requirements.
- A Private Treatment Experience — You will notice that the treatment room doors might be closed and there will be less chatter. Prior to treatment all patients will rinse their mouths with an antibacterial rinse. Dental care providers will be fully gowned and masked with appropriate personal protective equipment.
- “Contactless” Front Office — Your contact with our front desk will be minimal. No more “checking out” at the front desk. All future appointments and financial arrangements will be made at the completion of your treatment in the treatment room. Before leaving the office, we will ask you to wash your hands and put your mask back on.
- Virtual Appointments — We will be instituting on-line appointments and consultations in certain instances as deemed appropriate. Our hope is to save you a visit to the office where indicated. Some insurance programs are reimbursing patients for virtual appointments and should we decide to schedule a virtual visit you will be informed of the appropriate fee in advance.
- Enhanced PPE In Our Office — We require everyone in our office to wear a face covering. Expect to see our clinical staff wearing not only face masks, but disposable surgical gowns and face shields.
All of us are living, working (hopefully), and adjusting to the “new normal”. My team and I are trying to address health and safety concerns in an educated and responsible way so we can continue to provide dental care to our family of patients.
Countless hours have gone into research and consultation with my colleagues, in an effort to achieve solutions that will result in treating you safely and appropriately. Some of these systems may be redundant.
Belts and suspenders? That’s fine with me. I don’t want our pants to fall down!
Dr. Robert M. Sorin, DMD
Dental Health Services
We take a comprehensive approach to your dental health. Science has shown that patients with gum disease have a higher risk of heart attack, diabetes, and stroke. Recurring tooth decay caused by genetic and environmental factors can be controlled. A proper diagnosis and treatment will ensure you can chew with comfort and confidence.
Invisalign Inman Aligners
Do you feel like your mouth is overcrowded? Or are there gaps that make you feel uncomfortable? Dr. Sorin's practice provides the best clear aligner treatments to guide teeth into a more attractive position quickly and painlessly without the need for traditional metal bands and wires. Contact us for a consultation to learn more.
Restorative Dental Services
Do you find chewing uncomfortable? Are your jaw muscles tender? Do you grind your teeth, either at night or during the day? Are your teeth aging faster than your body? Your chewing machine--the mouth and teeth-- should function well without causing stress. A proper diagnosis and treatment can help ensure you are chewing with comfort and confidence.
Sleep Related Disorders
Do you sleep with your mouth open, snore or feel tired after waking up? Do you have GRD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) or chronic cough? These symptoms of irregular breathing put you at a higher risk of heart attack, diabetes, and stroke. Our routine examination screens patients for possible airway-related issues to help you breathe better.
Cosmetic Dental Services
Let's talk about your smile. How does it make you feel? What about your teeth, have they changed shape or color? Do you dream of recreating the smile you once had, or maybe the one you’ve always wanted? Working with the world’s best ceramists Dr. Sorin strives to create world-class smiles based on principles of proportion, symmetry, and balance.
An Honest Second Opinion
An Honest Second Opinion
Has your dentist recently recommended a course of treatment you're not sure you understand? Do you find yourself questioning their competence and unsure if you trust their suggestion? It may be time to seek a fresh, honest, unbiased second opinion. Bring us your records and Dr. Sorin will address your concerns and answer all your questions.
Make an Appointment
Click to open in Google Maps